Monday, February 1, 2016

My Favorite Calling is Being a Missionary!


Aloha my sweet family :) how are y'all? I hope y'all are having a good
day so far! Well, this coming Saturday will mark my 1 month out here
in Texas. It is so crazy how fast this month went by. I am learning
and growing each and every day of my mission. Missionary work is hard
work but always worth it. This week was full of ups and downs. But it
was good. I like to say, "if you don't have a bad day then you ain't
working hard enough" lol. I had been having a hard time cause I guess
I was being too hard on myself. Being stubborn of course, and not
being able to allow myself to recognize or see the Lords hand in my
life. We had a busy week ahead of us and planned on visiting with
lots of people but what we forgot to do was have back up plans. The
most important part.

Giving service!  Is that trash???  LOL!
Last week, we taught a new investigator, another young woman. Her name
is Jordan and she's friends with Ally. We shared with her about the
Restoration and we talked about the Book of Mormon. I gave her a Book
of Mormon with my testimony in it. Really hope she felt something when
reading it. We asked her about her thoughts on being baptized and she
says that she wants to but, she just needs to talk with her parents
more about it. So, it is a start lol. The next day we taught Summer :)
She is SO awesome. We talked about the Plan of Salvation. The
Pre-Earth life, our life on Earth, and the Spirit World. She's getting
very excited. We also showed her the baptismal font and her face just
lit up. It's very cool to see the light of Christ just shine through
her. We also taught Betty Riley again (the 81 year old). We're helping
her understand the prophet Joseph Smith. We showed her the video about
his first vision and she definitely felt something. She's getting
there and hopefully she will be ready for her baptism in March.


We met with a really awesome, crazy sister. Her name is Sister Kordes.
She's so funny. Sister Abraham (who we love) took us to go meet her
and help her get started with her family history. Sister Kordes is a
less active due to health problems. Getting to know her was probably
the high light of my week :) She's so diligent and wants to learn more
and more about the gospel. She's been going through a lot so it's nice
to help her recognize the Lord and help her understand that he has
been there and continues to be there every step of the way. We invited
her to the Relief Society activity but she couldn't come cause she
ended up getting really badly hurt so praying for her. We ended going
to the Relief Society enrichment. It was so much fun!They had a speed
meeting activity, almost like speed dating. It was a perfect way to
get to know the Sisters in the Ward. They're so cute!

On Thursday, we had interviews with President Ames. It was SO awesome.
We got some awesome council from our district leaders and zone leaders
on how to work better with our investigators as well. My interview
with President was amazing. I know it sounds like I'm over
exaggerating, but it really was something else. Anyways, before
meeting with him I had prayerfully thought about some questions that I
wanted to talk about since we only had 15 minutes each with him. So I
went in to the interview ready and so pumped to get some spiritual
guidance and council. As we talked I was able to receive revelation
and answers to my questions. He reassured me that our Heavenly Father
wants us to be patient with our selves and he wants us to take each
day and make it the best. We talked about how important it is for us
missionaries (and members) to NEVER FORGET that Heavenly Father sees
our efforts each day and blesses us for it. It's important for us to
recognize his hand in our lives.




I was asked what my favorite calling is in the church and I
immediately said, "My favorite calling is being a missionary!" I truly
love it. It is so awesome to wake up every morning, put my name tag
on, study the scriptures and then go out and share with people and
families about the restored gospel. We don't always have perfect days
but we always do our best in opening our mouths. I am realizing that
it's our job as members and missionaries to not be afraid. We need to
be confident in bearing our testimonies and sharing with others the
joys that we experience everyday. God is our loving Heavenly Father
and we are his children. He wants us to be happy. Not temporarily buy
eternally happy. Everyday is a new day for us to start over and try
again. My dear friends and family, let us never forget how important
we are to God and that he sees us and he walks with us each day. Let
us be obedient to his teachings. I love you all and I thank you all SO
much for your emails and letters. Thank you for the encouragement and
for supporting me. Let us open our mouths and talk with anyone and
everyone about the gospel of Jesus Christ. In closing I'll leave with
you this scripture, D&C 18:15 "For if it so be that you should labor
all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring save it
be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the
kingdom of my Father!" Have a beautiful week my sweet family. Aloha au
iā ʻoukou pākahi a pau. Haʻo au iā ʻoukou a aloha nui au iā ʻoukou. Ke
Akua pū. I love y'all :)




Me ke Aloha,
Sister Kawa'a

No comments:

Post a Comment