Monday, January 25, 2016

I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me!

Aloha mai e kuʻu ʻohana :) well, this is now my 3rd week here in Azle. Weather is very bipolar. One day it's beautiful and sunny and the next day it's rainy & ugly. Still cold though. I'm loving the people here. The Azle ward is such an awesome ward. Very big & crazy (like my home Ward) & the youth are incredible. They're always so eager to do missionary work. They're always finding ways to share the gospel & bring people to come to know of the truth. This week was a good week! Didn't start off so great but as I look back, we did a lot more then we thought we did. 
We had been having a hard time finding people to talk to. We would plan to go and visit all these people then most of them were either not home or it wasn't the right address. We started to feel a little discouraged (or at least I was). Quick experience, we decided to visit this less active couple (the Smith family) & before we got out of the car we decided to say a prayer to Heavenly Father to help us find people who were prepared & ready for us. We literally didn't know where to go or what to do. As we finished the prayer, we looked outside & the old man had just pulled up in the driveway. We were able to share a message with him & his wife on how important it is for us to find ways to feel the Spirit. They were so grateful & Sister Matson & I were able to use our talents & sing them a hymn. Brother Smith loves music & he and his wife were so thankful for us coming over. He said that the message we shared was just what they needed.

We also met with Betty Riley again. Long story short, her little dog Sassy (who's like her baby) ran away the other day & she was so sad cuz it had been the longest that Sassy has ever been gone. But we prayed for her & guess what? Sassy returned to her safe & sound :) We were able to read with her the introduction to the Book of Mormon and help her understand its importance in our lives. She also prayed with us to ask God if what we taught was true. We also had an awesome lesson with our investigator Summer. We taught her the Restoration of the gospel & Joseph Smith's first vision. The Spirit was so strong & I can just see the light of Christ in her. She has been worried about getting the approval from her parents to become baptized but through her faith, her mom has given her permission & her dad had told her that she can do whatever she wants. She's so happy & we just love her SO much. We also had a good lesson with the Hurst family. A less active family that we've been working with. They have a daughter named Ekko & we talked about the Temple & she committed to getting her temple recommend to do baptisms for the dead with her mom before she heads off to college. She is SO excited & just loves the gospel & going to church. Another family that I just absolutely adore & love :)

This week has been full of little blessings and miracles. Full of eye opening moments. We watched a special world wide missionary broadcast where we were able to be taught by apostles & leaders of the church. It was SO awesome. We learned how to really listen & follow the prompting of the Spirit (which I had been praying for). I have a strong testimony that Heavenly Father notices our efforts, even the little ones. As we give it our very best & try every day to be a little bit better, he will be there to help us every step of the way & bless us in all that we do. He truly will NEVER leave you. 
Sister Kawa'a meets up with Elder Sanders Leon at the Fort Worth Texas Worldwide Missionary broadcast.

Last night, we met with the Brewer family & we talked about putting on the armor of God. The importance of how we as members need to continue to do the little things so that we are able to withstand the evil day (Ephesians 6:13). I shared that as we do this we will recognize Gods hand in our lives. We will know that only through him are we able to stand strong & choose the right. I have no doubt that Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ lives. I know that they love us & know us by name. I also know that they know the desires of our hearts. I'm so grateful to know this so early on my mission. I've only been out for a short amount of time but I see his hand in my life & I recognize all his little tender mercies & blessings.
Another miracle happened. Long story short, my whole life, I thought that my brothers would set that example for me to serve a mission. As I got older, & as I thought about a mission more & more, I felt like I needed to just build up the courage & go. That it was my time to go & serve the Lord & hopefully set that example for my brothers. Well, last week, I got the BEST NEWS EVER!!! My brother (Bubba) has been meeting with bishop who helped him start his mission papers :) He said that it's because of me & the example that I set for him. I honestly know that it wasn't me. It was our Heavenly Father & I can only thank him for instilling that desire in the both of us to go & serve him. If I never had the Spirit, give me the courage to go on a mission, I would have never seen the miracles & blessings that I see everyday. I know I say this a lot but I strongly believe & I testify that as we put him first & continue to put our trust in him, he will bless us for our faithfulness & obedience to his teachings. My sweet family & friends, let us put the Lord first in ALL things! Aloha au iā ʻoukou pākahi a pau. Nā ke Akua e mālama a hoʻopōmaikaʻi iā mākou. I love you all family! Cherish yesterday, dream tomorrow &  live today! He is on our side. Aloha :) 

Love always,
Sister Kawa'a 

1 comment: