Monday, January 11, 2016

Week One in Texas! On the Lord's Errand!

Aloha y'all! Well, I am no longer in the MTC. Although I miss it (shock) I'm glad to see and meet new faces. I finally made it to Fort Worth, Texas Everything's so big and wide. You either got a nice over the top house or a trailer home. Everyone that I've met so far is so loving and kind. Everyone here has at least one dog and either horses, chickens, cows or goats in there front yard. Oh and everyone has a farm too. It's so different! No mountains. Just big open space.

Meeting President and Sister Ames was so fun. They're so cute and so loving. The spirit that they have is so powerful. My companions' name is Sister Matson. She's from Utah. She's so awesome! I'm her 5th companion & so far she's only had Polynesian companies. I told her, well, I've only had white companions so hey lol. Too funny! My first area is a place called Azle. I'm blessed to have a car cuz a lot of these places are so far from each other. My bike & I would not be friends if I had to use it lol.



Sister Kawa'a and Sister Matson
My first few days here in Texas were great. Adjusting this time around was a lot easier for me. Last week, we got to meet an older lady (81 years old) named Betty. We got to do some service for her. We got to teach her about Joseph Smith and we also got her to commit to baptism so excited for her and her decision. She also came to church with us yesterday. Such a cute old lady!

This past Sunday was so special. We got to have a special mission conference where all the elders and sisters from the whole Fort Worth, Texas mission were able to gather together and meet Elder D. Todd Christofferson. We got to take a group picture with him and his wife and he also shook each missionaries hand as we walked in the chapel. Such a humble man called of God, to help us share the gospel in these later days. Just amazing!

My first Sunday I didn't have to do the annual testimony that every new missionary does only cuz I was asked to give a talk next week instead. Totally looking forward to it.  The talks that were givenwere so inspiring. A young man who just returned from his mission (who I later found out was the bishop's son) gave an awesome talk about his experience with serving a mission. He talked about how he was very homesick but also how he was able to overcome it with the help of his family and the Savior. Totally felt like that talk was meant for me.  Everything he said was so true.

I'm am already starting to recognize so many little tender mercies that the Lord is giving and it's only been a week. I'm learning how to give my all to my Heavenly Father and to truly rely on my Savior for help. He is definitely showing me that everything is okay and that I am here in Texas for a reason. Heavenly Father is placing specific people in my life to help me grow on this journey. It is only through our Savior that we are able to get through anything! Always remember that you are never alone! Our Heavenly Father wants us to turn to him in times of need and in times of joy.


I know that as we continue to do the little things, we will always have his spirit to be with us. By working through your trials and not just going through the motions, you'll be able to find joy. Do your best to work hard. The harder we work as missionaries, the more joy we will feel and have. I know this to be true cuz I am already witnessing it for myself. It doesn't mean it won't be hard anymore, but always find good in a hard thing (if that makes any sense). Anyways, I love you all and mahalo for the constant prayers! Know that I pray for you all and that I appreciate all of your prayers! "Earth has no sorrow that heaven can not cure"


Love,

Sister Kawaʻa

No comments:

Post a Comment