Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Yeehaw! She's arrived in Texas!

Aloha and Howdy y'all!

I know I just updated the Blog yesterday, but I couldn't resist sharing with you Sister Kawa'a's travel to and arrival in the BIG ISLAND of Fort Worth Texas!  This morning I got up at 4:45 am.  Automatically wide awake.  And if you know me, that is not a typical morning wake up time.  I was so anxious to get that phone call from Sister Kawa'a and didn't want to miss it.  A few minutes after 5 am the phone rang and it was her!  We were able to talk for almost an hour!!!  It was the best 58 minutes.  We were able to catch up, talk for real kine and share our experiences.  I took the phone around the house so she was able to talk to each of her brothers and Tutu and Papa.  She told me how hard her first two days were and how much stronger she is now.  She shared so many wonderful experiences and said how excited she was to be heading to Texas.  I could just hear how much her faith in the Savior has been magnified and how her testimony has grown!

In the afternoon the Fort Worth Mission called.  Sister Wehrthsland who works in the mission office started off with, "Let me first tell you that we met your daughter, Sister Kawa'a, and she is absolutely adorable!  We love her!"  I started to cry with joy!  She also told us the good news that they had a bike for her at the mission office with a lock and helmet and we would not need to worry about getting her a bike on our own!  I was so relieved and chuckled inside thinking of "Tita" Kamalani riding a bike!  LOL!  Sister Wehrthsland also told us that the Mission President would be sending us pictures soon.  A few minutes after we hung up, these pictures came through on the Texas Forth Worth Mission Facebook page.


President & Sister Ames are in the middle.  The two elders and two other sister missionaries all traveled with Kamalani to Fort Worth from the MTC in Provo.  Sister Black (next to Kamalani) is her companion from the MTC.


Our beautiful missionary - Sister Kawa'a
President Ames explained that this was one group and that another group of missionaries will arrive tomorrow (Wed 1/6) from the Mexico MTC.  Oh how I wish it was Hermana Aiwohi! :)  I thought it was wonderful that the Mission President and his wife met them at the airport.  They were then taken to a luncheon and orientation/training.

My heart was so completely full today!  I am so grateful for calling cards and technology that allow us to connect with our missionaries far and abroad.  More than anything, I am grateful for this beautiful daughter of God who could have chosen to do anything with her life, yet chose to leave her family and her home to spend 18 months serving the Lord, serving others,  and sharing her love of this Gospel!  She is my inspiration!  Go forth, Sister Kawa'a, and "let your light so shine that all men may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven!"

No comments:

Post a Comment