Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Gospel is Simple!

Aloha y'all!!!!
How are y'all???? So great to always have the opportunity to write y'all & share with y'all my experiences. This is going to be a short email this time. This week was tough. Working a lot with reactivating members & struggling to find new investigators. I wanna share something cool that happened last night. So yesterday was a really bad day.....both Sister Slade & I were not feeling good at all. Both physically & emotionally drained. I was being too hard on my self (as always). I felt impressed to have the both of us sit down after church & just talk & explain how we were feeling. I personally don't like talking about things but opening up has taught me how to allow others to help me. I was very grateful for the promoting that I received because Sister Slade opened up to me a little & explained to me some of her frustrations & worries. It was really good to hear because the both of us are really going through the same things. After talking & getting things out, we went for a walk just to clear our minds before having to teach mission prep.

Sister Kawa'a and Sister Slade - gotta love their T-Shirts!
I had a cool experience, before we talked, I got on my knees & prayed for Heavenly Father to allow me to have peace, to know that I am doing the best that I can & to find someone to give me a priesthood blessing. After praying, a family came to mind & later when we were walking, we needing seeing them & sure enough they were more then happy to set it up. After our last appointment, we went over to get the blessing & it was the most amazing experience for both me & the person that gave me the blessing. Heavenly Father sure is proud of me. My prayers were answered & he touched on every worry that I had. After the blessing, the father of the home that we were in is a convert & not as active due to work but he bore his testimony to us for the first time. He explained how he went through about 4 different sets of missionaries. He said that it took him years to finally join the church. He then said, "If it were you guys teaching me, it would've took me less then a year to join. The way you carry yourselves & being able to see who you really are has impacted me more then you'll ever know so, thank you!" Then Brother Zufelt, who gave me the blessing, had explained to me that it was the most powerful blessings that he's ever gave. He said that he could just feel Heavenly Fathers presence & he could just feel that I am filled with the Spirit of the Lord. He said that he was saying things that came directly from Heavenly Father. He later thanked me for the opportunity to have that experience.
I found pua kiele (gardenia) in Texas!!! My favorite flower!
I want you all to know that I am so grateful for Azle Ward. I am blessed to have the opportunity to serve the members here & work closely with them to bring our lost brothers & sisters back to his fold. I testify that as we work closely with them, we will be able to see miracles happen. Slowly but surely, each person will realize how important this work is. They will have the desire to share the gospel with everyone. I already see it happening & it's just so awesome. Of course it's not easy but like I said last week, LIFE IS HARD, NOT THE GOSPEL. The gospel is simple & I know that I can get very hard on myself, but as I look back, it was a better week then I thought. Of course there's always room for improvement but the Lord asks us to try. One day at a time. To all of you who read my emails, if y'all have any questions or any thoughts at all please email me. I would love to hear form y'all! Let us continue to be faithful in the gospel. I love you all so much!!! Have a great week. Until next week my sweet family!!!

Love,
Sister Kamalani Kawa'a

P.S. Congrats to Lama, Cici & Madi for graduating!!!! So stoked for
y'all & congrats to Elsa for receiving her patriartical blessing.
Couldn't be any more proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment