Monday, June 12, 2017

Why Do I Need God in My Life?



Hey family!!!! 😊
Ima try & make this email a little bit different so bare with me as I explain the week that we've had. It went by fast, as they usually do now days haha. We picked up about 3 new investigators. One of them was a bible referral who was self referred. Apparently the Sisters could never get in contact with her & so we went over thinking that we probably won't be able to catch her home. Well, she was home, welcomed us in & we ended staying there for about an hour and a half. She absolutely loves religion & had been studying with different churches but is really interested in learning more about what we believe in as Latter Day Saints. Her name is Patricia & she was so excited that we finally contacted her. We taught her about the importance of the Book of Mormon & how it goes hand in hand with the Bible. She ended up taking a Book of Mormon & committed to read with before we come back. She said, "give me 2 weeks & y'all can come back & teach me more." We're super stoked because her roommate (who's from South Korea) even sat in on the lesson & was super amazed & impressed with the sacrifices that we make to be missionaries. Keep them in y'all's prayers please!!!!! 
We love taking pictures!


Cool looking chandelier!

      The other new investigator is also a former investigator. We were trying to clean up our area book a little bit & we came a cross a guy (Miguel), who had a previous baptism date but was dropped because he was unable to contact. Well, for some reason or another, I turned to my companion & said, "it doesn't hurt to try." We both felt that we should reach out so we did. I will admit, it was a test of faith because we were praying that we would have some kind of success because literally all of our appointments fell through. We decided to give it a shot & follow that small feeling we felt & so, we texted him & he told us that he wants to meet with us again & even set up a time & a place. He even expressed a want of coming back to church too. Miracle! Reminds me of the scripture in D&C 100:5-6 which says, "Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say." We felt a feeling in our hearts to reach out & as we did, Miguel responded & acted on the feelings he felt. Who knows, maybe something happened that made him want to learn more or who knows. I do know that this is the Lords work & that we as missionaries are merely his hands, his tools in fulfilling the wonderful plan of our Father in Heaven. We're super stoked to start meeting with him again & helping him recognize the truths that he once felt & knew. Pray for him please!!!! 
Selfies!


 Fun stories:

  1. We had zone Conference this past week, oh & we won cleanest car award. More like cleanest truck award. & on our way back home, this truck pulls up next to us & they start dancing & going crazy so we danced back to them as we were jamming out to "James the Mormon." Then we pass them & they catch back up to us, slow down & start tabbing at us & waving 😂 we were so dead!! Definitely made us laugh! 
Cleanest car award for Zone Conference! Yes, we drive a TRUCK!


  1. We visited one of our investigators who was the Mayor of the down & he was telling us how him & his wife met. He used to drive trucks & lived a ways from the city & one day his truck broke down near the city. He pulled into the square & saw a yellow car with a beautiful car that was getting in it. He ended up following her all the way home. She pulled into her drive way & he rolled his window down & said, "I'm coming back for you." Then Uncle goes & asks everyone in town if they know who owns a yellow car & if they knew her name. He found out where her & her friends hang out so he ended up showing up with his friends. He saw her sitting next to this football player & he told the guy to meet him outside. Uncle straight up punched him in the nose about 2 times & then the girl came up to him & was like, "you just pick fights with people?" He said, "only if it has something to do with me!" & she was confused & asked him, "how does this have something to do with you?" & he said, "it has everything to do with me! You're mine!" Talk about going after what he wanted hahaha. Literally the rest is history!!! 😂 #Goals
Just working on the farm!


Iʻm a country girl!


  1. We were being taught how to milk goats & I was wondering why my companion was freaking out. She later tells me that she HATES animals 😒 oiaue!!! Should've spoke up haha. 



  1. We were trying to have companionship study but couldn't stop laughing because we were thinking about what it would be like if we were on a reality tv show. Let's just say we would make lots of money 😂 really though. We're too crazy for reality tv. 
Sister Taʻehia from Tonga and Sister Pahulu from Utah!



Testimony: 
      To explain my heading, it's something that's been really been on my mind lately. Why do I need God in my life? To answer the question, I need God in my life because life is hard. I need him in my life to help me see the bigger picture. He does this by sending his Son & the Holy Spirit to comfort & guide me each day. I'm truly nothing without him. The more I study & the more I pray, I've been able to grow my knowledge of who God is & what he needs me to accomplish here in earth. Heavenly Father has blessed my life tremendously. He spared my life at such a young age because he knew (before I even knew), that I would accomplish great things. By trusting him & by believing in his plan, he has helped me see that I am very much needed in this world & that we ALL are very much needed in this world. We've all got a purpose & we all play a part in Gods plan. Here's a simple challenge for y'all. Shoot me an email & tell me why you need God in your life. This has been on my mind a lot lately & if we all take sometime to really ponder this question & answer it sincerely & honestly, we will have our faith & testimonies strengthens without even knowing it. It's the little things that really make the biggest differences. Reach up, reach out & love! E holomua e kuʻʻohana. Paio mau no ka pono! Love y'all guys SO much!!! I'm excited to read all your answers (if you even do it haha). Until next week my loves ❤


Hurrah for Israel! 

With love, 
Sister Kawa'a 🤙🏽

No comments:

Post a Comment