Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Hauʻoli Lā Makuakāne!


Week 78!!! 

Aloha my lovelies!!!! I hope everyone's week was great. Happy Father's Day to all you Fathers out there. Special shout out to my Lil Brudder Budda, Papa Ganja & Unko Brad. Love y'all & thanks for being such amazing daddy figures for me. Miss yah heaps!!!! Big shout out to my own Daddy!! Love you so much Fajah ❤️ hope your day was filled with lots of food & love! Haha. Miss you!!!! This week was slow but fast all at the same time. We started the week off with exchanges with our sweet Sister Training Leaders. I got to go back to Hudson Oaks & Weatherford for a day with sweet Sister Herdon. I remember being there a year ago. It was good fun being back in an area where I was familiar. Definitely learned a lot & got to see the changes that have happen. It was definitely an awesome exchange. 

Sister Herdon and I on exchanges in Weatherford and Hudson Oaks

The Sister Training Leaders



Look at her cool watch! Recognize it? 
My Hawaiʻi!

Wednesday, we had our district meeting where we focused a lot of our time on charity. The meaning of charity & what it looks like when working with investigators, members, less actives, leaders & companions. I was able to be reminded of why having charity is so important in everything we do. We touched up on the scripture found in Moroni 7 verses 45-47. "45 And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. 46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail--
47 But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him."
The main thing that hit home for me was the fact that charity never faileth. We will never fail if we have that pure love of Christ. What an awesome promise given to us as children of our Heavenly Father. If we have charity, if we are patient, kind, envieth not, is not puffed up, & if we have hope & endureth all things, we are also promised (in verse 48) that "we shall see him as he is & be purified even as he is." This helps me understand & know that no matter what happens, if we endure & face our challenges with hope, we can have this beautiful blessing given to us. How loving is our Father in Heaven. Definitely gives me lots of strength to keep on going. Such an awesome knowledge. 
The district!



Funny Stories:
So most of these will come from others that have been told to us

  1. One of our members told us about a time when he served his mission. He served in Bolivia & at this time, they weren't allowed to wear name tags & so they just looked like business men. The Bolivia people would call them Cia because they thought they were the CIA. Well, they were in a taxi one day & the taxi driver kept looking at them & calling them Cia. Our members companion took his shoe off, put it up to his ear & said "send in the helicopters. They know who we are!" Uncle taxi man pulled over, kicked them out & zoomed off real quick 😂
  2. I decided to corn roll my companions hair the night before church (6 braids) & she ended up leaving 2 braids in & this girl comes up to her & says, "why do you only have 2 braids? It look stupid." Oh my gosh! We just laughed so hard. Then this random little boy walks past up & tells Sister Casper, "I love your fricken braids!" & one of our members looks at us & says, "thats code word for your fricken hot!" Slow your rolls 15 year old 😂
Cinnamon rolls from Brother Lamb! 
Sister Baine and her daughter! She letʻs us hang out at her house on Pdays!
Exchange miracle happen this week. Sister Casper & Sister Hardy were able to contact an investigator that we've been having trouble seeing. They visited with her & ended up teaching her more about the Book of Mormon. She's really interested in family history & she told the sisters, "I wonder what tribe I'm from?" The Sisters proceeded to tell her what tribe they were from & she was so amazed & she asked them how they knew that. They taught her about patriarchal blessings & they invited her to read the Book of Mormon. She told them that if they would've come 2 days ago, she wouldn't dare read it, but that they came at perfect timing. She committed to read it & we'll be following up with her this week. We're so excited for her! 




I want y'all guys to know that I have a testimony of this gospel. Time & time again I've been reminded of Heavenly Fathers love. He knows his children by name & he knows what we each can become & he knows how we each fit in his wonderful plan. The gospel continues to amaze me. I know first hand of the blessings & eternal joys that this gospel brings to my life & to the lives of those that I've gotteto teach & help here in Texas. Its been such an awesome experience to be able to witness the miracles that have happen thus far. I love y'all & I thank each of y'all for your love & support. Missionary life is not easy but it's definitely worth it. It helps having a great support system. Love y'all my sweet family. Hope all had an amazing week! Until next week y'all 😘

Hurrah for Israel! 
Me and my Casper! 
Bowie Lake




With love, 
Sister Kawa'a 🤙🏽

No comments:

Post a Comment