Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Let it Go and Let Him In

Aloha e ku'u 'Ohana! WEEK 26!!! (I think?) 🤔
How's everyone doing? I hope that you all are staying safe & having a good 4th of July weekend so far. Well, my first few days here in Watauga was great! It's very different from Azle but, it's a good different. I love it so far! My week was a little slower then usual. We're mostly just trying to find people to teach. So, here's how my week went. Last week Monday, we had our last zone Pday before transfers. It was so much fun. We did the normal, volleyball & scatter ball. 
Our last PDay together!
Later that night, Sister Slade & I had dinner with the Haughwout family. After we said our goodbyes to them, we walked out & saw a beautiful big double rainbow. It was my very first rainbow that I saw one here in Texas. It was a perfect reminder to me of how much our Heavenly Father loves his children. I just love the little things 😊
The Haughwout Family
Beautiful double rainbow! Thank you, Heavenly Father!
On Tuesday we went & saw Sister Bartlett. Itʻs been so long & it was so nice to visit with her for a bit & share a message with her. After lunch, we had my last lesson with Don. Sister Walser came along with us & got Donʻs mom to sit in on the lesson. It was such a spiritual lesson about the Word of Wisdom & the Law of Chasity. His mom even agreed with the things that we were teaching him & it was such a huge blessing for Don cuz, she wanʻt so supportive when she found out that he was interested in "joining a cult." She was able to see that we worship Jesus Christ & that we arenʻt so weird after all! As we were getting ready to leave, he got sad when he found out that I was being transferred. He said that he is so grateful for everything & that he will miss me a lot. I thought about how most of the time, we never fully realize the impact that we can have  on someone & how we have the power as missionaries, to testify & teach by the Spirit. I know that as we do so, we can help & bless the lives of those we come in contact with each & every day. I know this to be true cuz I have seen it happen. It's so awesome!
My last lesson with our investigator, Don!
Saying good bye to Sister Queen Deb and Brother Honeybun! I will carry you in my heart always!
Wednesday was TRANSFERS!!!!! Got up, packed up my last minute stuff, took one last look around the apartment, said my goodbyes to my daughter Slade (missionary terms), said goodbye to the beautiful country side & headed off to the Hurst Stake center. I was filled with so many mixed emotions. I never expected to feel like I was once again leaving home & leaving family. Early in my mission, as most of you know, I was very homesick & always longed to be home with the ones I loved. I remember my first day here in Texas & while we were at the mission home with President & Sister Ames, I had asked President for a priesthood blessing. In the blessing, he said, "you will cry more tears when you leave, then you did while coming here." couldn't help but think of how true that was. Although it was a sad goodbye, I know that I will have that same feeling no matter where I go. It's just amazing to see how the Lord works. It's always not what you wanna hear at the time but what you need to hear. 
Good bye, Stutz 'ohana!
The Sanborn/Johnson 'ohana
Saying a hui hou to my comp/daughter, Sister Slade.
Transfers!!! And my MTC companion, Sister Black (all the way in the back).
Anyways, my new companions name is Sister Brohamer 😁 & guess where's she's from? Utah! She is so cute & so far we've been having way too much fun with each other. My first day in Watauga was great! Did service & went out & visited people. Fun!
My beautiful new companion, Sister Brohamer!
Mission tour!
Thursday was our weekly planning. We went through our entire area book & organized everything up to make plans to visit & contact people. It was good!!  Friday we went & did service at the food pantry. I just love helping people & seeing how much they appreciate the little things that are given to them. After service, we went home, got ready & headed to the Stake Center to meet our new mission President & his wife. I LOVE THEM!!! They are the cutest. Hearing President & Sister Whitney speak & bear their testimonies about their new calling & how much they love the Lord was amazing. They have so much love for one another & you can just feel their gratitude for the opportunity that they now have to serve the Lord. I'm excited to see what he has in store for us missionaries 😊 Later that evening, we got stood up by one of our only investigators, Lynn. He's pretty cool though if you ask me, even though we only got to talk for a little bit.
Some of Lynn's artwork.
Saturday we finished up organizing all of the area books. We then went & showed up to help a family move but once again we got stood up cuz we found out later that the members ended up postponing the move. It's all good though cuz we ended up having the opportunity to attend a baptism all in Spanish & we also got to see President & Sister Witney again. I ended up giving Sister Whitney my clip with the Texas flag painted on it & we showed President how to put it on haha. They're so cute!
I love my new companion, Sister Brohamer!
Sunday was a good Sunday! My first sacrament meeting in Watauga. Everyone was surprised to see a new sister but welcomed me with open & loving arms. I always love fast & testimony cuz we get to hear the testimonies of others & help each other learn & grow in the gospel. So far, it has been great here in civilization. I'm loving every minute that I have here. Heavenly Father sure works in mysterious ways. I've been thinking a lot about this quote this week, "if you need me but do not want me, then I must stay. If you want me but no longer need me, then I must go." I know that Heavenly Father knows each of his children personally. He knows what we need, what we want & he knows the desires of our hearts. He places us not where we want to be, but where we need to be. It's always uncomfortable at first but once we allow the Savior into our lives & into our hearts, we will have the opportunity to become who we were sent here to become. I love my Savior so much & I am humbled by the sacrifices that he made in order for me to be able to return to live with my Heavenly Father some day. Life is hard & we all know that, but let us strive each day to become that much more closer to reaching our true potential. Let it go & let him in. I love y'all so much & I am blessed to have each of you as part of my life. Thanks for the updates & for the emails. Keep them coming!!! 👌🏽 have a blessed week my sweet family. 

Aloha nui au iā ʻoukou pākahi a pau. I lā maikaʻi!!! HAPPY 4TH
🎉🍾🎆🇺🇸 stay safe y'all!!!! Until next week!!!
Love,
Sister Kamalani Kawa'a 😘

My last dinner in Azle with Sister Wolfe and Sister Sherill.

No comments:

Post a Comment