Monday, July 11, 2016

Willing to do Whatever it Takes!

What's up my sweet family!!!
Well, it's now week 27 on the Lords errand 😊 another quick week. This week consisted of service & contacting. Last week Monday for Pday, we all hung out at the church as a zone & played basketball, volleyball, scatter ball & ultimate frisbee. It was fun cuz I got to meet everyone. So far, I am loving Watauga a lot. Itʻs awesome! We ended the night with a nice 4th of July bbq & the Wagner home. It was good food!!!
PDay Fun with our zone leader!
Fourth of July BBQ Dinner at the Wagners home!
Tuesday we did service for a sweet lady named Toni who's married to a member. We helped her organize her business things while the elders did some work outside. Then we had a really good discussion with her about prayer & how Heavenly Father is always so mindful of us. She's so sweet.  Wednesday we had district meeting. It was good. We talked about the importance of having full purpose mornings, in order to be prepared & ready for the day ahead. Pretty good topic if you ask me. Later that evening, we went out & contacted a few people & then we met with the Saafi family. Brother Saafi is a very recent convert & we don't really get to see them that much cuz they transferred their records to the Tongan Ward. They're still so awesome & such a sweet family.
I love my zone!
Thursday we had our weekly planning which always seems like forever. Still very important though for sure. We went out & tried to contact & find more people before dinner. After dinner, we met with another sweet lady, Sister Merrifield. We had a great lesson about enduring well to the end & recognizing the Lords hand in all things. It was great.  Friday we went & did service at the food pantry. It was so much fun! The whole district shows up too. We got a lot done & we stayed longer than usual to help out with the clean up part. It always brings so much happiness to me whenever I get to serve those around me. After service, we had to get our tires checked at Firestone & while we were there, we ended talking to this guy name Lifford. He's super cool & right before we were about to leave, he ended up giving us his number & invited us over to his house for some gumbo. Too bad he's out of our area 🙁 we did tell him that if we were ever in his area, that we would stop by. I just loving meeting new people who get interested in learning about what we do for 18-24 months & what we believe in. It blows people's minds sometimes when they hear that we're so young yet, we choose to give up a short amount of our time on this earth to fully serve the Lord. It makes me proud of the decision that I made to share the gospel with those who are unaware or who are searching for it. It makes all the hard times worth it!
My companion, Sister Brohamer, is the best!
Saturday we met with Lynn & his friend Lisa. It was a good lesson but Lynn did tell us that he won't be getting baptized into our church. Sad! We aren't gonna give up though. Maybe it's not his time right now. We are going to continue to work with him & figure things out. Please pray for him!!!!! Sunday was yet again another good Sabbath Day. The talks that were given & the lessons taught were all about being obedient & being willing to accept whatever the Lord asks of us. Kind of cool cuz I've been pondering that a lot this week. Are we willing to do what the Lord asks of us? I was reading a talk earlier in the week from President Monson about how obedience truly does bring blessings. One example of this is found in the story of Lehi when he was commanded by the Lord to leave all that he knew & take his family & depart into the wilderness. I'm sure if I was Lehi, I would probably question, wonder & worry about a lot of things but nevertheless, Lehi willing obeyed & did what the Lord commanded him. Let us be like Lehi & be willing to do whatever the Lord asks of us. I've seen the blessings that come from being obedient. It can be a hard thing but remember what I've always said, life is hard, not the gospel. Teaching is rough here in Watauga but we aren't giving up. Determined to find those who are ready to hear the gospel. I love you all SO MUCH!!! I miss you guys everyday but I am so grateful for the love & the support that I've received while on this amazing journey. Have a great week my sweet family!!!! Until next week 😚 hurrah for Israel!!!

Love,
Sister Kamalani Kawa'a 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment