Monday, July 18, 2016

7 Months Already???

Hey y'all!!!
Love my companion so much!!!
How's everyone doing??? I hope everyone is having a good Monday! 😊 dang, this was yet again, another quick week. I hit that 7 month mark this past Saturday. It's crazy to think that I've been out 7 months now. Time is flying by! Anyways, this week was a blur so I apologize in advance if this email will seem short (it probably won't though.) Last week Monday was a normal fun Pday, playing sports & stuff. Tuesday we had our first Zone Council for the transfer. We talked about planning. Weekly planning, nightly planning, daily planning & hourly planning & how it's so important for us to have comp (companion) unity so the work can get done. It was an awesome topic. 

After Zone Council we went on exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders. I stayed in Watauga with Sister Eaton & Sister Brohamer went to Highland Station with Sister Clark. We had a busy afternoon full of visits, exchanges & teaching. It was good!!!
The Sister  Training Leaders!
Wednesday morning for workout, I taught Sister Eaton how to hula since she's obsessed with the Polynesian culture. She's so cute & it was so fun. Didn't realize how much I missed dancing hula. Talk about out of shape too....weh! Haha. Anyways, after studies & stuff, we went to the food pantry & did service with the elders. Love service!!! Then, we went to Highland Station to finish up exchanges. I always love being around other missionaries & learning & growing from them. It's so motivating!
My crazy Zone!
Thursday we had our first interviews with President Whitney. Very different from President Ames but nonetheless, it was still good! We also got to visit with Sister Whitney while our companion got interviewed. They're both so cute & so inspired.  Friday we went & did service at the animal shelter. I know what y'all are thinking, "Tita went to the animal shelter?" That's right! I was totally scared but eh, I sucked it up & I ended up having lots of fun 😁 it was awesome even though it really isn't my first choice. So I don't know if I mentioned this in my email last week but, about a week ago, a sweet recent convert named Cheryl (who got baptized out in Houston), came to church with her non member parents who live in our area. So like good missionaries, we felt inspired to seek out their address & drop by. Well, we did & the meeting went awesome!!! Cheryl & her parents were surprised to see us. They welcomed us in & talked with us. We even gave her parents a Book of Mormon & asked them to read it. They willingly took it & thanked us for stopping by. It was inspired cuz her mum kept saying, "Gods timing. We were gone all day & we had just gotten home & then we were going to be out again." Her mum knew that the Lord had us come by at just the right time. We're hoping to return to their home soon to teach them more about the gospel 😊
Sweet Cheryl (recent convert)
Saturday we did lots of contacting but no one wanted to open their door & let us in. It's okay though! We'll just keep bugging them lol. We went to a baptism all in Spanish. Thought that was cool. We even invited one of our investigators who speaks Spanish but she didn't come :( it was still a good day though! Sunday was yet again another great one. We did a zone fast for missionary work & let me tell you, I just love fasting. I use to complain cuz I was ALWAYS hungry, but I've learned to appreciate the power of fasting & what it can really do for us both spiritually & mentally. It's a great opportunity for us to become even that much more closer to our Savior, Jesus Christ. I want to leave y'all with a challenge, the next time you have an opportunity to fast, think about what it means to "fast with real intent." I promise you & I testify, that as y'all do so, you will gain a more better understanding of what our Heavenly Father means to us. You will truly feel his love for you as you continue to strengthen your relationship with him. Rely upon the atonement & open the door to eternal life. 
I love y'all so, so, so much!!!! Let us remember the little things!!!! Have a fabulous week my beautiful family 💞 until next week!!! Hurrah for Israel!!!

Love,
Sister Kamalani Kawa'a 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment