Monday, December 5, 2016

In Case You Forgot, God Loves You!


Sup fam!!!

      Well, another week has flown on by. Next week is transfers already. Shesh, I feel like I just started training Sister Willey & now it's almost over. It's been going by way too fast. Time needs to slow down a little. This week has been really focused on recognizing the love that our Heavenly Father & Savior, Jesus Christ have for us. This might be a long email so bare with me.....I know y'all won't read it anyways but to those who actually do read it, THANK YOU!!!! 🤗 Last week for pday, Sister Willey & I hung out with Sister Rose. She taught us how to make cute little nativity scenes made out of clay. It was so fun! After dinner that night, we went by to see the Sa'afi famili. Man, Heavenly Fathers timing is so perfect. So Sister Sa'afi was home alone & almost didn't answer the door cuz she was scared but, we're so glad that she did. We initially went over to reschedule dinner with them & use their restroom but we ended up talking to her for a bit. I had been struggling with some personal things & just being stubborn & too hard on myself & for some odd reason, everything just came crashing down that night. I opened up to her about some things & come to find out, she needed to hear exactly what I shared with her. She gave me a much needed "motherly" talk & explained that everything I said totally described her. We talked about how grateful we were for the love of our Savior who went through it all so that he could know how to get us through it. I am so grateful for her cuz in that moment of despair, she helped me recognize the love that my Savior has for me. 

      Tuesday, we had exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders & again, Gods timing is so perfect. During our companionship study, Sister Hilton & I were talking & I explained to her some of the things that I was going through & she ended feeling the same way & didn't even know it or recognize it until I said something. Talk about being put in the right place at the right time. If we hadn't done exchanges, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to help her in her moment of despair. 
With Sister Hilton on exchanges!

Wednesday, was district meeting & we had a very powerful testimony meeting on the Atonement. It was definitely a testimony builder for me to hear such humble testimonies from the Elders & Sisters serving in our district. I learned that the atonement needs to be taken from our heads & actually put into our hearts in order for it to work. It's a willingness that starts with a desire. A desire to change from who we were, to who we can become. We must first understand it ourselves, so that we can then go out & help others understand it as well. Once we understand it, we will be able to find joy in our trials & we can be grateful for what our trials teach us. In Isaiah 49:15 the Lord says, "I will not forget thee." He cannot & will not forget us so we shouldn't forget him. Spend time with him & he will spend time with you. If we do this & if we let him, the Lord will mold us into something far more greater. We need to get out of the way & allow him to help us. We do this by losing ourself in his work. Serving others.

      Since last week Thursday was the worldwide day of service, we as a district, decided to secretly rake up the leaves at our Bishops house. Not knowing that one of the suggestions for the #LightTheWorld was to secretly serve someone in your ward. It couldn't have been more perfect. We went out of our way to help out a man who is always taking care of others & who basically has no time to take care of himself. You never really know the impact you have on someone & the thankfulness that they have from a simple act of kindness & service. We had dinner with them the next night & he got emotional as he explaining to us how grateful he was for that random act of service. They had no idea who did it until he looked at us & said, "was that you guys?" & we just couldn't lie to him, so we just shook our heads & said yes. Man, the Spirit was so strong & you could just tell that his family was more the grateful. It felt so good to lose yourself in the service of others. It's something we do everyday but at that very moment it impacted me so much. 
SERVICE for the Bishop!

     Saturday evening, we went by to see Ms. Dorathy again. Talk about Gods timing. Right before we left, she got emotional & said, "you girls have no idea how much this means to me. You coming to see me & talking with me has helped me so much. Never give up! When you go out & knock on doors, don't give up. You just never know who might be on the other side of the door. Keep knocking & keep going." Sister Willey & I were bawling when she said that. The Spirit touched her heart & is changing her as she continues to open up & let the Lord help her. Another powerful moment of the love that our Heavenly Father & Savior, Jesus Christ has for each of us. Later that night, we had such a beautiful time at our ward Christmas party. Yes, Sister Willey & I dressed up 💁 it was such a wonderful night centered on Christ & family. 
Ward Christmas Party
Yesterday was fast & testimony meeting & it seemed like the theme was the love that our Heavenly Father & Savior, Jesus Christ have for us. Each testimony touched my life & helped me to feel of their love. Sister Willey & I taught gospel principles & the lesson was on The fall of Adam & Eve. Man, a perfect remind that God loves his children so much. In relief society, we had a lesson on miracles & sweet Sister Hailey gave such a beautiful lesson. There wasn't a dry eye in the room for sure. Too top it off, my heart started pounding really fast & the Spirit kept telling me, "share your story." At first I thought it was just me thinking so, I tired to brush it off but, as I did that, I started to get more anxious. Finally Sister Hailey asked, "would anyone like to share a miracle that has touched their own life?" I thought so myself & said, "fine." I shared my story about being a miracle & having to live with a bullet in my head (if you didn't know that, surprise. Ask me about it & I'll be more then happy to give you the details). But anyways, as I shared my story, I was able to recognize the love that my Savior & Heavenly Father have for me. I think it's easy for me to forget my story sometimes cuz of the normal life that I live but, when I have opportunities to share it with those around me, I remember my purpose here & why the Lord spared my life at such a young age. On my desk I have 2 quotes that I read & look at everyday. One of um says, "God gave you this life because he knew you could handle it." & the other one says, "You can do the impossible, because you have been through the unimaginable." This life is not meant to be easy. Never forget who it is that made it possible for us to return to live with Heavenly Father. That is Jesus Christ. Let's not just make him the reason for this season, but let's make it the reason to live. Because of him, we can have joy. Let's continue to build our faith so that we can be like Paul & say, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I love y'all so much!!!! Thanks for all the love & support. Know that I feel your prayers each & every single day. Have a great week!!! Until next week ʻohana 😘
Hurrah for Israel!
Brother and Sister Bobo!
With Love,
Sister Kawa'a 💙💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

2 comments:

  1. I want to hear your story. Keep up the amazing work you're doing don't ever forget you're amazing and very loved. Miss ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear your story. Keep up the amazing work you're doing don't ever forget you're amazing and very loved. Miss ya

    ReplyDelete