Monday, December 12, 2016

Heading to Mansfield, Texas!

Sis. Villarreal (Mama V) is the BEST! She took us to Teddy's Bigger Bugers
Hey y'all! I kahi wahi aʻʻana au 😊
This week was a busy one. Visited lots of people & got to help people understand more about prayer & why it's so needed in our lives today. This week has been really focused on my purpose here & the relationships that we make with those around us. For those of you who speak Hawaiian, yes, I am being transferred. A bittersweet feeling for sure. Once again I feel torn but happy & excited all at the same time. The past 6 months that I've spent here in Watauga have been nothing but teaching moments & learning experiences. I've come to love SO many people here. THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE TOUCHED MY LIFE. I am forever grateful for friends who turn into family. It's not the end. It's only the beginning 💙 One thing that I've learned & continue to learn here is love. I have come to understand the true meaning of Christ like love. It's not about being praised, worshipped or even recognized, but it's about touching lives. My heart continues to change as I've allowed Heavenly Father to help me to become an instrument in his glorious work. I've been struggling with trying to remember my purpose here & as I've turned to him in prayer, he has truly softened my hard head & continues to lovingly encourage & help me. 
The Chessman 'Ohana
I've noticed my prayers have been changed. In my studies recently, something really stood out to me & in an ensign article that I was reading, it said, "Prayer is the act by which the will of the Father and the will of the child are brought into correspondence with each other. The object of prayer is not to change the will of God but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant but that are made conditional on our asking for them. Blessings require some work or effort on our part before we can obtain them. Prayer is a form of work and is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings." I've been really pondering about this for this, this past week & it's so true. When we pray, we are showing Heavenly Father that we are willing to do whatever he wants us to do. It can be difficult but with God all things are possible. Time & time again on my mission, I have felt him answering my prayers as I've turned to his & allowed him to help me. I testify that prayer works & that the good Lord is there waiting to hear from you so he can help you. He wants to help. He loves you!!! 
Dorothy's Doggie just loves me!
I don't think I've prayed so much in my life till I've been on my mission, especially with transfers happening. My new area is a place called Mansfield & I'll be in a trio & I'll be white washing an area & I'll be covering 2 wards. White washing is when a set of missionaries gets taken out & a new set gets put in so, none of us will know anyone in the ward. It should be interesting trying to get to know not just one ward but 2 wards. We definitely will be busy, that's for sure. Im excited but kind of nervous at the same time haha. Just trusting that the good Lord know that he knows what he's doing 😊 well that's it for this week fam. Sorry, not so much about the work here. I'm exited for Watauga because good things are happening. I'm leaving this area better then when I first came. Just going up from here! Love y'all so much!!! Have a blessed week!!! Until next week.....

Hurrah for Israel! 

With Love,

Sister Kawa'a 💙
Forever my Matson! Sis. Matson was my first companion and trainer!

No comments:

Post a Comment