Monday, May 9, 2016

Doubt Your Doubts Before You Doubt Your Faith

Aloha my sweet ʻohana!!!
First things first, YESTERDAY WAS THE BEST EVER!!! Being able to FaceTime home was the highlight of my Sunday! Seeing my family & loved ones was so great & I am grateful for technology haha. 
Motherʻs Day call home.  My beautiful baby niece Ceralena Kaleialohaokeaolamauloa
This week was filled with meetings, doctor appointments, "mini mission" & a baptism! It was a good week for us. Last week Monday we got to hangout with Ally. We ordered a whole bunch of pizza & food & stuffed our face for Pday haha. Talk about fat!!! Tuesday was interview with President Ames. It was awesome. So very great fun for his support & guidance. Wednesday, we had a family history training. We were taught how to use family history as a great finding tool. It was a good meet & it was also a good time to be with other elders & sisters in the mission who we don't get to see often. We also had an awesome lesson with Ella that night. She couldn't stop talking about how excited she was for her baptism.


Got to see Sister Matson at our training!
Cool experience, so long story short, a guy name Derrick, came up to us at the library & asked us what church we belonged to. He later told us to meet him at Taco Bell so we could "chat". He explained that he met some Elders out in temple, Texas. They gave him a Book of Mormon & shared with him our beliefs. One of the most amazing things happened. He asked us if we knew that the Book of Mormon is true & if the gospel is true. It was such a powerful experience cuz the 3 of us each bore our testimonies about how we each came to know the truth for ourselves. The spirit was so strong & there was no way that anyone in Taco Bell could deny or doubt what we were saying. I personally don't remember much of what I was saying, but I did feel the Holy Ghost there with us. It was so awesome & we even set up a return appointment to meet with him & teach him more. So wonderful!!! Sunday was very busy. Church was good as always. Very anxious to call home though lol. We said our good byes to sweet Sister Anderson. Then we made a few visits before dinner. After dinner, we called home & man, all I have to say is 1 hour is not long enough lol. I was more then happy to see everyone & to share with them my experiences while I'm out here on my mission. It truly is life changing! If you're thinking about a mission, GO!!! You won't regret it.
The Polys serving in my area! 
The highlight of the call was seeing my sweet Hoewaʻa family there. I am so grateful for their desire to come unto Christ & change their loves for the better. I am beyond grateful for my family for ALL the support that I receive from each & everyone one of y'all. The call home definitely made me miss home but, this is only buy a short time. I want y'all to know how much I love this gospel & how much I love my Savior Jesus Christ & my Heavenly Father!! One piece of advice, doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith. Heavenly Father is always in our corner. Reach out & allow him to help us. I love y'all SO much & I just want to say, hauʻoli lā makuahine & HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all the mother figures in my life & to my mum, there are no words to express how thankful I am for you!! Thanks for putting up with my attitude & or EVERYTHING you do to help raise us rotten kids. You do so much for us & you even raise kids who aren't even yours. SUPER MUM!! I am forever grateful for you!!!!!!! I love you with all my heart! Have a great week family!!!! Thanks for all the letters, emails & care packages. Y'all are SO cute!! Keep pressing  forward!! Until next week fam!!

Hurrah for Israel!!
Love,
Sister Kawa'a



Two of my faves - Ryan and Jessie!

No comments:

Post a Comment