Monday, April 18, 2016

Put Our Trust in Him!

Aloha my sweet ʻOhana!!!


How are y'all? Hope everyone had an awesome week!!! First off, shout out to my sweet Hoewa'a family!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am SO proud of y'all for making such a life changing choice to follow our Savior, Jesus Christ. SO wish I could've been there to witness such a beautiful day. I love y'all SO much & I can't wait to return home & give y'all a big hug!!!! I know that y'all will be an example to SO many. I can just see it now :)


Well, it's week 15 in the mission field. This past Saturday was my 4 month mark. This week went by quicker then I thought. So many things happened! On Monday, we had dinner with the Zufelts. Btw, mum, they're the hick version of our family. You'll see why when I send y'all a video of them haha. They're the best! We spent way too much time there but it all worked out haha. They even wanna plan a lūʻau as a finding activity & have it at their hale so we'll see if everything works out. Tuesday, we had a good district meeting like always. Talking about more finding activities & stuff like that. Love my District! We also went on exchanges with sweet Sister Walser (one of the ward missionaries). Got to visit some less actives. Also had dinner with the Lutz family. Sister Lutz is Filipino & you what that means, RICE!!! Haha. I was happy about that for sure! Funny story, they picked us up for dinner & as we were walking to their car, we noticed that only Brother Lutz was in the car. As we got closer, he got out & asked us if we were ready.  So Sister Slade & I looked at each other & said, "yeah, where's your wife though?" Then he pounds on his trunk & that crazy lady was in the trunk hiding from us. That was classic! Haha. Love them!!!


Sister Lutz (in the middle)
Wednesday was a busy day. We went with Sister Walser again to visited Brother Coker, who is less active due to health problems. He's such a sweet gentle giant. We were able to get priesthood to him so that he could get a blessing for the pain that he is going through. Poor guy! Praying for him that he'll be able to come to church soon. We met with Ashlee 3 times this week!! It was awesome. She is doing SO good. She even went tracting with us on Thursday. She's legit!!! She also got her first priesthood blessing that helped her out a lot. It was SO powerful. We got to finally meet with sweet little Ella. Had to push her baptism date back to May 7th. Praying that all goes well. We're planning on bringing her primary teacher with us to her next lesson, to get her excited about coming to church. She's still doing great & loves to learn. We also got to visit with a sweet sister who's son had taken all of the lessons. She just needed to do the next step which was to set a date for his baptism. She's a busy lady but, we were able to meet with her & set a date for her son, for May 14th planning on meeting with them again soon, to make daily contact with them. They're a sweet family!


We got to attend the mission temple day with Ally on Saturday! The drive there was bad because the traffic was terrible. Remind me to NEVER drive in mainland traffic!!! Everyone was so impatient. No aloha I tell you. No can dat one! (Yes I still have my Tidah moments lol). Anyways, we got there late but safe. Well, kind of....don't worry Mum haha. We still enjoyed the temple & Ally was able to do baptisms. It's always nice to be able to be at the temple & feel of the Spirit there. Just awesomeness!!! We got to teach Sunday school again for the 16-17 year olds. I know I say this a lot but the Youth here are SO awesome!!! They strengthen my testimony & remind me of how important this Gospel should be to all of us.


Dallas Temple with recent convert, Ally.
I want y'all to know how amazing this gospel is! The theme for the week was to never forget that we can ALWAYS reach our Heavenly Father's expectations. I want y'all to take sometime to watch the Mormon message, "The Will of God". It's a perfect reminder to never forget that, our Heavenly Father loves us & wants us to constantly grow each day. There's a story of a gardener who noticed a currant bush tree that wasn't producing berries, so he cut it down drastically till there were only small stumps left. He then looked at the bush & noticed a drop like a tear, as if it were crying. He then thought he heard it say, "How could you do this to me? I was making such wonderful growth. … And now you have cut me down. Every plant in the garden will look down on me. … How could you do this to me? I thought you were the gardener here.” Then the gardener replied, "look, little currant bush, I am the gardener here, and I know what I want you to be. I didn’t intend you to be a fruit tree or a shade tree. I want you to be a currant bush, and someday, little currant bush, when you are laden with fruit, you are going to say, ‘Thank you, Mr. Gardener, for loving me enough to cut me down." Later that same gardener was in the army & was going to be promoted to General but was denied the position because he was Mormon. He then remembers & said, I went home with a broken heart, with bitterness in my soul. I clenched my fists, and I shook them at heaven. I said, ‘How could you do this to me, God? I have done everything I could do to measure up. There is nothing that I could have done--that I should have done--that I haven’t done. How could you do this to me?" Then he remembered what he said to the little currant bush, “I am the gardener here. I know what I want you to do." He then fell on his knees to ask forgiveness for his ungratefulness. Then he said, "I looked up to God and said,  'Thank you, Mr. Gardener, for cutting me down, for loving me enough to hurt me.'



This was a good reminder & a perfect lesson for me to never forget that our Father in Heaven loves us. He knows what's best for us! He knows our potential. Let us continue to put our trust in him & be obedient to his commandments. Sorry this email is SO long!!! So many good things are happening that's why!!! I love all of y'all SO much & miss y'all too!!!! Have a fabulous week my loves!  Until next week!!!! Ke Akua Pū!!!!

Love,
Sister Kawa'a
P.S. HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY UNKO BRAD!!!!! Love youuuu!




No comments:

Post a Comment