Monday, April 11, 2016

Heaven is Cheering You On!

Aloha family!!! Week 14!!!! 😊

Last meal together as companions
So this week consisted of change! Wednesday, I bid farewell to my sweet trainer Sister Matson & I welcomed my new companion straight from the MTC. Her name is Sister Slade! She's so cute!!! It wasn't that long ago that I was fresh from Utah, so I know how she feels. So far so good. We've been having a hard time with finding people to teach. We also didn't get to meet with Ella but we have an appointment with her tonight. Hoping all goes well! We may have to push her date back but it's okay. She is learning & growing & being prepared to enter the waters of baptism.


A hui hou Sister Matson!


Welcome Sister Slade!
Our other investigator Ashlee, is doing very good! She came to church again & we just finished teaching her the Plan of Salvation. She loves it SO much & thinks it makes so much sense. Love to see others come unto Christ & find out for themselves, if what we teach them is true.  It's humbling for me to see them accept not only Christ but, the Gospel as well. Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways. She's excited for her baptism & is literally inviting a whole bunch a people. So cute haha!


A hui hou Elder Saaga!  You now return with honor!
Well, other than that, this week has taught me that change is good. Whether we like it or not, it needs to happen. Heavenly Father places people in our lives to help us learn & grow. We need to trust & remember that the Lord's timing is always the perfect timing. Quick story, as we were walking home from lunch on Saturday, a guy on a Harley pulled up to us & starts talking to us. He explains that he's a member but doesn't attend as much because of work. Then he says, "Sisters, I want to do something for you guys & you can't say no." Then he reaches into his wallet & tells us, "now the next time that y'all buy groceries, use this." I put my hand out & $100 drops in my hand. We weren't expecting that at all. We expressed to him how thankful we were & then he said, "y'all have a good day!" Smiled & drove off. Blessing in disguise! I know that Heavenly Father is watching over us while we are out doing His work. Training is hard....especially when I'm still a new missionary myself but, I know that tough times will only bring growth & eternal blessings in our lives. Satan wants us to fail! Drive our negativity out with faith.



A scripture that has been on my mind this week is, Alma 26:27 which says, "Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success." The Lord will comfort us. He wants us to never give up & give our very best to him each day. As we do so, we will be blessed for our efforts. We will find those who are searching for the truth & we will be  eternally happy. I love & miss y'all so much. Thank y'all for all the love & support that I receive while on my mission. Let us share a smile with someone, encourage someone, talk to someone. Let us reach out & be who our Father in Heaven wants us to become. Don't give up!! I promise & I know that, Heavenly Father is with us every step of the way. Like Elder Holland said, "Heaven is cheering you on!" Na ke Akua e pāhola i nā pōmaikaʻi ma luna o mākou a pau. E mau ma ke ala hele kūpono e hele aku ai. Aloha au iā ʻoukou!!!! Until next week my 'ohana!!!!!

Love,
Sister Kawa'a



Elsa came to visit.  Wish it was our Elsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment