Monday, March 13, 2017

Are You About Your Fatherʻs Business?

Our weekly Sunday picture!
Hey y'all hey! 👋 Ke aloha nui iā ʻoukou pakahi a pau. Aloha mai e kuʻʻohana i aloha nui ʻia. Pehea mai nei ʻoukou? Manaʻolana au, ke ola mau nei ʻoukou? Ua makemake au e hoʻomaka i kēia lekauila me ka ʻŌlelo hawaii. Ma mua o kaʻu hele ʻana ma ka mikiona, ua hele a pūʻiwa au no ka mea, ua manaʻo au, e poʻina paha ʻana au i ka ʻŌlelo makuahine. 'akā, me ke aloha o ka Haku, mau no ka ʻŌlelo hawaii me aʻu. For those of you who don't speak Hawaiian, I wanted to start off this week's email off with a little bit of Hawaiian. Before my mission, I was scared & thought that I was going to forget how to speak Hawaiian, but with the love of God, I didn't forget. Thankfully, I brought my Hawaiian Book of Mormon with me & it has strengthened both my Hawaiian language & also my knowledge of the gospel. It's just amazing! So, week 64 has been another great one. We are busier then ever in the Mansfield area. We are currently teaching 9 wonderful investigators & we have 2 possible new investigators & that we'll start teaching after Spring Break. It has been so fun & our days go by way too fast! "Working hard or hardly working?" 🤔 okay so, last week Monday, we had Zone pday at the Gallinis home & celebrated Elder Ainis birthday. That was fun! Later that evening, we got to meet with Rocky! Funny story, Sister Ellet, Rocky's mom, canceled the lesson about a hour before hand. We were at dinner & forget to tell our exchange (the bishops wife), that the lesson was canceled. Meanwhile, we finished dinner & saw that we got a text from Sister Ellet that says, "Never mind. Y'all can still come over tonight. Sorry about the confusion." So, we headed to their place & to our surprise, we saw our Bishops wife there, helping Rocky with his home work. Oh yeah I forgot to mention, she works at Rocky's school as a teacher. Anyways, the Lord made us forget to tell our exchange that the lesson was canceled cause he knows the desire of Rockys heart. We started the lesson by trying to see how much he was taught & guess what? This kiddo ended up teaching us not just the first lesson but the 2nd & 3rd lesson as well. That was a huge miracle. The Lord sure works in mysterious ways.     
Yes, I am a poser! LOL!
On Tuesday, we got to meet with the Sanchez family. We taught them lesson 3, The Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was really great because, we got to help them understand way attending church is so important. Let me remind y'all, the whole idea of church is VERY new to them. They told us that they feel weird & out of place but they also just love the members & the feeling that he feel during sacrament. It's just a little odd & scary for them. We got them to committed to "maybe" attending church. That was better then a straight up no. Funny cuz, when I asked them, I told them to be honest & Maria (the mom) said no! Then she said something else in Spanish & the told us that she won't be here. Then she looks at her husband & her daughter & says, "you guys can still go." The desire is there! We just need to help them act on the desires that they have. We love them & we know that things will work out only on the Lords time. Thursday, was a busy one. We got to meet with a sweet lady name Melissa. She is the mother of a sweet girl who just left to go on her mission. Long story short, her daughter was introduced to the church by a friend & started taking the discussions & not long after, her little sisters joined the church as well. Last month, she left on her mission & she is currently serving in LA at the visitors center. Now her mom Melissa, told us that she wants to know what her girls know. She wants what her girls want. She also wants to do scripture study once a week. We were so happy when she reached out to us and it's great cuz, she lives in the apartment complex next to us. She is so sweet and we're excited to start teaching her more often. Later that evening, we met with another part member family. We started teaching these sweet sisters, Addison & McKayla. It was wonderful & their excited to be taught. They already know so much. 
A hui hou Elder Newey!
Friday was great! We had our Zone Training Meeting. That's the new name of our Zone Councils. Anyways, that was another awesome & fun one. We talked about planning. The blessings & the struggles, especially with the new change in our schedule. It was really good & we received super good insight & revelation. Oh & side note, when we did a role play, our Zone Leaders asked us to role play 4 of the 13 points that we need to go over during studies. Sister Eddington & I finished before everyone else & so our new Zone Leader, Elder Taylor goes, "If y'all finish all 13 before everyone else, I'll buy ice cream." Let's just say we got Braums after the meeting 😍 thanks Elder Jefferies!! Haha. Oh yeah, his companion ended up paying for it. Good times!! Later that evening, we started Michaels new member lessons & taught Kenny another lesson. He is doing so wonderful and is on track for baptism on April 15th. We're super stoked for him. Saturday we spent the day trying to do some contacting. Then we had dinner with the Mills!! We've missed them so much 😌 Sunday was an awesome Sunday. The Sanchez family didn't make it to church though...bummer. That's okay! We had an awesome lesson about the life of Jesus Christ. Love that topic! Later that evening, the Schmeisser fam brought Kenny to our mission presidents fireside. Oh man! Kenny loved it so much. When it finished, I asked him what he thought & he said, "that was short! I want more!" Oh man!! I love this guy oh & his birthday is on August 8th, 2 days before mine. Even more of a reason why we needed to be friends haha. Some of the missionaries there last night just went up to Kenny, introduced themselves & made Kenny feel so welcomed & loved. He was making friends with everyone! It was so great. Oh & shout to my Watauga & Azle peeps that I got to see last night. I LOVE ALL OF Y'ALL! That was so nice & so fun. 
Happy that the Elders are buying us ice cream!
Where are the Elders???
Okay so, cool story, Elder Rasband will be coming to our mission on Saturday so that will be wonderful. I'll tell y'all all about it next week!!! In my studies I've been really trying to understand more about Jesus Christ & Heavenly Father. I've been really trying to study what our Saviors mission was & what our Fathers plan means to me. Forgive me for the long insight that I am going to share, practice patients y'all haha. Anyways, here it goes. We already know that Christ taught by example. He expects us to do as he did & be as he once was & is. Jesus was always about his fathers business. We should like Jesus, always be about our Heavenly Fathers business. Wait, what is our Heavenly Fathers business? Let's not forget that his work & his glory is to bring to pass the immortality & eternal life of man. He wants all of his children to return to him some day. What can we do to make it back to our Father? It all goes back to the basics. The gospel is based on simple & basic teachings. Remember, it's the little things that will make the biggest difference or the biggest change. We can do it! We can all fulfill our fathers business & return & live with him again. We have a perfect example. Christ set the path for us to be able to return to our Father. I am reminded of the scripture that talks about how there are many who draw near unto him with there lips but are far from him. I don't know about you, but I wanna make sure that I not only draw near unto him with my lips, but that I draw near unto him with my heart. We can accomplish this through our actions. The way we treat people, the way we live, the way we love, the way we give. We can make! We are enough & we have access to divine, unconditional love & guidance. Christ said, "what kind of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am." Don't get caught up in the ways of the world. Instead, get lost in the gospel. Get lost in service. Get lost in the scriptures. I wanna challenge y'all to make it more of a priority & realign our will, with the will of our Father. After all, he is the one who created us. He knows who we are & what we can become. We can always be about our fathers business. Don't give up!! Keep going!! & always, always, remember that Heaven is cheering you on. Today, tomorrow & forever! I love each of y'all so very much. Have a wonderful week!! Mahalo nui for the loves & prayers. Until next week fam! 😘

Alex made us haupia sweet potato pie!

Hurrah for Israel! 

P.S. Happy belated birthday to my Tūtū!! I love you so much!!! I know the family probably spoiled you & took you out. I hope you had the best day ever!!! 😘🎉🎊🎈🎁


With Love,
Sister Kawa'a 🍍

No comments:

Post a Comment