Monday, December 21, 2015

First Email from Sister Kawa'a!

We received the best and sweetest email this morning from our beautiful missionary.  You can read what she wrote below:


Hi mommy!!!!!! I miss you guys so much. I received your letters! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, so  much for writing me. I was going to write back but I thought Pday would be a more fast way for you guys to receive things. I will still write you letters though :) I have to admit. I've never missed you guys SO much before. I want you to know that I think of you often and pray for all of you guys every single day! I am still finding ways to get through this homesickness. I feel like I need to share this with you. When you guys dropped me off and I got settled all I could think of was how dad said, "If I don't feel the spirit, i'm walking back in there and grabbing you." At first I thought, "No, i'll be fine" but as I was sitting in class and orientation I couldn't help but look back and hope that he would come running in to get me. The first 2 days were my hardest days here so far. All I wanted was a text or a phone call to know that you guys were okay. On the second day we met our Branch Presidency and Brother and Sister Thomson, (who is the first counselor) recognized my last name asked asked me if I knew the Wunders. I told them yes and they told me how close they were to them. I told Sister Thomson about my homesickness and she immediately stood up and hugged me and said, "you need a mommy hug!" she just held me and I cried cuz I knew that she was definitely sent to me by Heavenly Father. It's comforting to know that Heavenly Father does hear and answers prayers. It is now day 6 and I'm feeling a lot better then the first 2 days. I'm still learning how to adjust and focus on the reasons why I am here. ALOHA NUI AU IA 'OE!!!! I'm SO grateful for both you and Dad. For raising me in the ways of the Lord. Oh also, I am currently in a trio. I love my sisters. Sister Black and Sister Combs. They are both haole haha and it was hard to open up to them but Im glad that we have each other to lean on in times of hardship. I also love my district. We named ourselves 'ohana 29. I'm the oldest so I feel like the mom of the group but it's okay. But anyways, please don't worry about me. Pray for me that I may continue to have the strength that I need to become more like my savior and push on. Sister Black (who is also going to the same mission as me) reminded me of my favorite scripture, Joshua 1:9, "Be strong and of a good courage, be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed, for the Lord thy God is with thee, withersoever thou goest." Anyways, how are you guys doing? How's baby? How's the Hosinos? How are the boys? Hows tutu and papa? How's Mikaela? How's granny and papa Olsten? How's everything going? Oh and I get to call home on Christmas from 4:00-4:30 (Utah time) so please make sure everyone is around for that. Can't wait to hear from you all soon. KE ALOHA NUI!!!!!!!!! 



Sister Kawa'a. 

We are so happy to hear from our missionary!  It is my firm testimony that this is the Lord's work. He hears and answers prayers.  We have a loving Savior who atoned for our sins.  God is our Father in Heaven and He knows and loves each an every one of us.  This is a great work, the work of the Lord and we have faithful missionaries around the world sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So grateful that Sister Kawa'a is one of them.

We love you all!
-Luana

5 comments:

  1. Ah, I can feel her homesickness. The MTC is one of my favorite areas from my mission and even now. The Spirit there is so strong, you can feel it daily and nearly taste it. lol. I guess, homesickness will be there, especially in the beginning but as time goes on and you start to meet many Sister Thomson's who you will refer to as another "mom", it will get easier and you will learn to adjust, and adopt into your 'Ohana. I have many mamas ans papas from my mission and everywhere I've lived. Wherever you go, you take your 'ohana just by being you and sharing your Aloha. May the Lord bless you with His Spirit in abundance and you just soak it all in. One day at a time! One prayer at a time! love and aloha, Jojo Naki Winkler

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has such a sweet, wonderful testimony. She was raised by wonderful parents and grandparents. She is going to be awesome in the mission field. Give her our love. Our prayers are will be with her throughout her mission. But we will be only one family out of many praying for her success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that she is getting stronger. Thank you Heavenly Father,we knew you would give her the strength and guidance she needed. Granny and I are so proud of Tita. Our constant prayers and never ending love will always be with her and all of you. Can Granny and I be there when she Skypes for Christmas? Love you all.
    Aunty Momi and Granny

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that she is getting stronger. Thank you Heavenly Father,we knew you would give her the strength and guidance she needed. Granny and I are so proud of Tita. Our constant prayers and never ending love will always be with her and all of you. Can Granny and I be there when she Skypes for Christmas? Love you all.
    Aunty Momi and Granny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Aunty! She will not be able to Skype, but she will be able to call us for a 30 minute call. It will be at 1pm Hawaii time. Please come!

      Delete