Monday, May 15, 2017

Hauʻoli Lā Makuahine!


Aloha kakahiaka e kuʻʻohana. Ke aloha nui iā ʻoukou pakahi āpau. Pehea mai nei ʻoukou? How are y'all? Special thanks to those who took the time to answer the question from my email last week. I enjoyed reading all the responses. I hope everyone is having a beautiful day so far. Week 73 was an awesome one. We've been doing lots of finding so we can continue to grow our teaching pool. So just a little update on Don. He is doing so good. We went to see him twice this week & the first time we saw him, we asked how he's been doing with trying to live the Word of Wisdom. Uncle started looking at us & then he looked at his daughter in law & said, "oops." Then he told us that he's been smoking again, cuz he gets bored & lonely. So what does Sister Kawa'a do? I made him give me his pack of cigarettes. He was shocked, but willingly gave them to me & we helped him to come up with a plan to keep him busy throughout the week. He really wants to keep the commandments but he says that's it's hard. Yes it's hard! But it's worth it. He's growing in the gospel very slowly. After teaching him about the Law of Chastity, we asked him if he would live it & he said yes. Then we asked him why he would live it & his answer was simple. He said, "I'll live it cause I want to go to Heaven." That was a reassurance that he knows that keeping the Lords commandments will allow him to one day return to live with God again. He's getting it & the Spirit is helping him continue to recognize truths. His scheduled baptism date is July 1st so please keep him in y'all's prayers. 
Took away Donʻs cigarettes! 



      This past week, we got to have a mission conference with Elder Lawrence of the seventy. He & his wife came & talked to us missionaries about our special calling to help gather in Israel. It was such an awesome mission conference. I'll share some of the things that stood out to me. We first talked about Jesus Christ & his mission here on Earth. He was specifically called by his Father, to teach the Israelites. He was serious about his calling & he knew his purpose. In the Book of Mormon, Nephi's favorite word to use for the Savior, was Holy one of Israel. He was a literal descendant of Israel which made his mission even that much more special. When Sister Lawrence was explaining Christ's mission, she likened it to us & our own mission. As missionaries, we have each been called of God to a specific place, because of our special & unique Spirits. We've each been called to help him gather Israel. How great is our calling? I know that we each have divine calls in helping the Lord gather Israel. We each play a special role in his marvelous plan. My eternal perspective on this has helped me to continue to remember that each person we meet, each person we teach is a literal son or daughter of God. As I've come to understand this, my capacity to love has grown. It's unbelievable. I think that's one of the most important things that I've learned on my mission. I've never thought I could feel so much love for someone who I don't even know, or never met before. It's just reassurance that Gods plan is real & that we are literally his children. 
Beautiful Sister Pasikala!


Our 6 hour car ride!


Good night Elder Saluone!

      We had a beautiful Mother's Day yesterday. Church was wonderful & we had a luncheon for the Relief Society sisters & all the mothers in the ward. The Spirit was present & the love in the room was so beautiful. Everyone got to fellowship with each other & hear wonderful talks about how we as mothers, daughters, aunts, nieces & sisters have such a sacred & import role here on Earth. Choosing to love someone is an act of faith. Being a mother can be both so heartbreaking & also so very rewarding. One speaker talked about mothers from the scriptures & their wonderful examples. What really touched me was the example & experience of Mary the mother of Jesus. The faith that she had when the angel Gabriel appeared to her & told her that she would conceive & bare a son who would save the world. She was faced with trial & opposition, but she endured it because she knew the greater plan. She knew what she was called to do. Her divine call was sacred & so powerful. Think of Emma Smith. She was the wife of a prophet & she too was forced to leave all that she knew to be that comfort & support that her husband needed. We each have special & divine calls as children of God. The greatest example is my own mother & all the women in my life. Thanks mom for loving me unconditionally & for supporting me in EVERYTHING. Your love is so inspirational & your sacrifice has blessed my life in so many ways. I hope to one day follow your example & love my kids the way that you love me & my brothers & even your hanai children & of course little Ceralena. Ke aloha nui iā ʻoe e kuʻu makuahine!!!! ❤

Face time with the family!
Some of my favorite pics with my mommy!



      We'll gang, it's been another great week here in Temple. The gospel is so amazing & my mission just keeps getting better & better. The Lord is so wonderful & I am so blessed & grateful to have this precious time to prepare for the rest of my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I know y'all are just counting down the days 🤗 haha. I love y'all so very much!!! I, on the other hand, am continuing to be in the "now". My focus is Temple & I'm excited to finish my mission out in such a unique area. I want you all to know that Christ has changed my life in so many different ways. He has reminded me that he knows me better then I know myself. My faith has grown so much & I can stand with Nephi & say that I know in whom I trust. I have full confidence & faith in Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ. They love me & I know that they love each of you!!!! They know you by name & they know what you are capable of. Don't give up y'all! The gospel is good news. Let's continue to share that good news with everyone around us. Keep shining your light cause people do see it & they do recognize it. Sorry if my email seems a little scatter brain. I just have so much to say & not a lot of time haha. I love each of y'all so much!!!! Thanks for loving me & supporting me on my mission. You each have been a huge blessing in my life & have touched my life one way or another. Go forth with faith & trust & know that God is there!!! Eia koʻu leo pule haʻahaʻa. E holomua kākou a paio mau no ka pono. Nā ke Akua e pāhola mai i kona aloha a me kona mau pōmaikaʻi ma luna o mākou. I lā maikaʻi!!! Until next week y'all 😘

Hurrah for Israel! 
With love, 
Sister Kawa'a



The Elders bringing my bike home!

No comments:

Post a Comment